Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year, A new me

So, I am expecting a lot out of this new year. First off, it is the year of some pretty big happenings which are exciting and nerve-racking. Graduation, beginning of freshman year of college, moving out, turning 18-all very big milestones. So, without a doubt, '09 will be a big and exciting year. With these milestones, there are goals and dreams I'd like to at least getting closer to accomplishing. First and foremost, my relationship with God is struggling. I want so dearly to be completely lost in Him and to show Him through everything I do. However, my physical body still can't give up my earthly wants. So, that is my first priority this year. After that, I feel that everything will finally fall into place and things will start making sense. I also want to lose weight this year. I would love to lose 8 pounds and get down to 110. This seems like a good weight for someone my height and age with the muscle I have. Oh yeah, I want to work on getting more toned also. I want my muscles to lose the fat and bulk and tone and shape up. Therefore, to lose this weight and tone the muscles, I will have to eat better and exercise more. Easier said than done. This is a list of foods I'd like to avoid for the next year: Fries, Pizza, Soda, Sweet tea, loads of sugar, candies. That's a small list and hopefully, since it is, I won't have too hard of a time keeping it. I also want to resolve any grudges or hostile feelings I've had recently or even develop this year. That's a big one. There aren't too many people but the ones there are, will be hard. I want to become a better, selfless, sweet girl this year and that's going to take some work. I want to cherish every moment this year because these are the days-or so I keep hearing. I would love to take more pictures and capture more memories this year. When I get to college, I want to be social and have friends and make friends and love it. I know this is a lot but these are things I would like to see happen this year. I'm also hoping to get my tattoo this year as well but that's not too relevant. I just want to become the carefree person I've always wanted to be. I feel this year is the year for change and I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm ready to be changed. Lord, I'm ready to be molded and shaped into the woman you want me to be. I'm completely devoting this year to fulfilling these goals and resolutions. I believe that through you, Lord, I can do this. I can change. I will change. And I will love every minute of it.  

0 comments: