Thursday, July 24, 2008

Music is Life

Turn on that radio
As loud as it can go
Wanna dance until my feet can't feel the ground (feel the ground)
Say goodbye to all my fears
One good song may disappear
And nothing in the world can bring me down (bring me down)

Hand clapping
Hip shaking
Heartbreaking
There's no faking
What you feel when your riding home
Yeah, yeah

Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just want to play my music
Whoa (music)

Got my six string on my back
Don't need anything but that
Everything I want is here with me (here with me)
So forget that fancy car
I don't need to go that far
What's driving me is following my dreams, yeah

Hand clapping
Earth shaking
Heartbreaking
There's no faking
What you feel when your on a roll
Yeah, yeah

Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just wanna play my music
I just wanna play my music

Can't imagine what it'd be like
Without the sound of all my hero's singing all my favorite songs
So I can sing along

Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just wanna play my music
Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just wanna play my music
All night long



I've grown up dancing in a studio that choreographed to all kinds of music. I grew up listening to thousands of genres and varieties of music and I guess that's why I love all kinds of music. I really do have a huge variety of music on my iPod and even more that I've listened to recently and have fallen in love with. Music is a huge part of my life. I love listening to music. I love to find new artists that I love and I love to hear new songs and I used to spend hours at a time on Limewire just downloading music. My world really does revolve around music. I only wish I could do something with that love. I played the clarinet back in 6th grade band and haven't played an instrument since. That's the closest I got to getting involved in music other than just listening to it. So, as of right now, I don't play any instruments and I couldn't carry a tune in a freakin bucket. I wish that just listening to music was enough for me. I wish that I could just be content with that. But it's not enough. I want to be so much more involved in music. Everyone has told me to pour your heart into what you love the most or to get a career doing what you love. You can't get a career just listening to music. Life doesn't work that way. And it's hard to pour your heart into just listening to music. That's why I wish I could do something more with music. I've always wanted to learn how to play an instrument. I've been in love with the drums forever but I've never learned how to play them. I picked up a guitar and tried to learn to play when my brother was learning and that just didn't work out. I wish I could just be more involved with music. I love it so deeply but I can't go farther in my 'relationship' with music. I don't know how to respond to these feelings but it sucks that it doesn't seem I can do much more. I know that the 3 or 4 (if even that many) of you who read my blog know that my brother-in-law is super talented in music. He definitely has a heart for music and you can see that when he plays the keyboard or the base or guitar...I can tell that he passionately loves music. I dare to say that I love music just about as much as he does. When I'm with him in the car, I'm constantly asking about the artist or name of the song that's playing because it always seems that I like alot of the same music he does. However, he's lucky in that he gets to take his love of music to another level. He gets to go play around on the piano or guitar when he gets bored and just make up whatever he wants and it will sound good, because he has that natural talent to just play music. I love him for that but I'm also so envious. Ha. I just read back over this blog and realized how corny it is. I'm just rambling about music and how much I love it and I know that none of you really care. But, it always just feels good to get out these overwhelming feelings even if no one reads them.

P.S. I think I've found out what I want to do for my tattoo. I'm not sure how I'm going to place it but I know the words I want!!!

Listening to: Camp Rock-Music's in my soul. :D

0 comments: