So I'm not quite sure yet what this blog is going to be about. However, I do want it to be a happy one. All of my blogs seem to be horribly depressing and just big pity parties. So I guess, I'll write about the good things going on in life right now. Well, I just got back from being a leader at a Student Life for Kids camp and if none of you have gone, it is absolutely amazing. I loved it when I was a kid and I love it now being a leader. I loved being in an environment with no temptation and no worries or stress. The kids were great and I loved forming that bond with them. So that was an amazing experience and I will definitely will be doing it for summers to come. As long as Bob lets me go...I'm there. He's already recruited me for next year. :D Also, it's summer. Summer really is the best time of year and not because we don't have school or whatever but because we just get to chill out and do all of those crazy things we wanted to do during the year. Summer means having fun with kids and having fun at the lake or beach (which, might I add, I have yet to see...) and just hanging out. There's never any drama in the summer because everyone is just in such a good mood. I love having days where we just hang out at the pool with 20 people or when we are chillin on the boat with our close friends and family. That's another thing I love about summer: family reunion. I know most people dread their family reunions but I couldn't love anything more. I love getting to see the family that lives hundreds of miles away. I love being on the beach everyday and not having a care in the world. I also love having my wonderful baby niece over at my house every tuesday. Especially yesterday when she literally, never fussed once. I think her nickname 'fuss bucket' might need to be retired. I love love love the fact that Lindsay and Jon live within 100 yards away and I get to see them and Sae whenever. And I really love that my mentor and best friend also lives not 100 yards away along with her 3 beautiful kids and awesome husband. I feel so lucky to have so much joy in my life right now. It's really taken a lot for me to truly see how fortunate I am and how great my life really is. Also, a little update for whoever has been keeping up or at least read my last blog...my best friend is doing great. She's out of the hospital and she feels better than ever. She's working everything out and it really makes me happy to see her so happy. I know God is working in great ways in my life and in the lives of everyone around me. I'm so excited to see what the rest of the summer is going to look like. I'm also really excited to get deeper into my relationship with Christ. I have definitley made some changes in my life and their for the best. I'm excited to see where my life is taking me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thats crazy that I just wrote practically the same blog!!! Im glad that you are happy...its good to see!
kate if i were at camp i would want you as my counselor everytime! your way with kids is a sweet gift and i cannot wait to watch the lord continue to grow this in you. i cant wait for you to come to work with me and love on my students. i love u! K
Post a Comment